So in our current household situation, it seems my boyfriend Steve and I are rarely in together anymore.
I leave the house for work at 7am or earlier, return at around 6pm. Steve generally starts work at 5pm and returns in the middle of the night. And with him often working weekends too, for days on end we only see each other asleep. My only chance to speak to him is by phoning home at lunch! I’ve never been a solitary person — I don’t cherish ‘alone time’ as some do. So I didn’t welcome the prospect of spending many evenings alone.
However, there is one good thing to come out of this — I can be as lazy as I please. Microwave meals, pasta with pre-made sauce, lashings of ice cream and watching rubbish telly until I decide to slouch off to bed (at an unusually early hour). And Saturday nights were just made for this kind of activity.
1. Ensure you’re wearing the comfiest clothing there is — leggings and a jumper
2. Put your frozen pizza in the oven
3. Pour yourself a glass of wine (from a miniature bottle because you’re a loner, not an alcoholic)
5. Get pizza out the oven and eat it with your fingers (obviously)
6. Collect ice cream on a stick from freezer and eat luxuriously
7. Tweet inanely about the trashy telly you’re watching
8. When your eyes start to droop, it’s time to go to bed (and best of all, there’s hardly any washing up!)
And there you are, perfect. Unfortunately, there is another, not-so-good part that comes quite a bit later…
9. Get woken up by the door opening at 3.30am but be too groggy with wine and junk food to utter anything more than a grunt to returned boyfriend.